Process Mapping is a method for depicting a process, material or information flow in a diagrammatic form.
- It represents the end to end process and should involve at least one person from each department – it’s a joint activity
- It gives a logical step by step representation of a business
- It is a method to identify who does what by identifying the key steps in a process
- It is a powerful method for identifying value adding and non-value adding activities
- It is a great way to gain a common understanding of the challenges facing a business
- It is the act of getting people involved and the sharing of information that makes the process mapping process powerful.
- It creates a sense of ownership and urgency which cannot be created when an individual creates a “theoretical” map from the comfort of their desk.